GR10BT Software update
GR10BT Improvements 09/03/2019
- Reduce heatsink temperature
Estimated Update Time: 3 minutes
Please download and print this GR10BT Software Update procedure prior to downloading and installing this software update. It is important that this procedure is done in the order described in this document as failure to do so may result in the GR10BT becoming inoperable.
Please confirm the software version of your unit prior to performing the update. Refer to step “5. Confirm Result”. If the software version on your device matches the versions listed in step “5. Confirm Result”, then your GR10BT is up to date and you do not need to perform the software update.
Warning: Do not perform this software update while operating the vessel/vehicle. Do not interrupt the power of the GR10BT while the update is in process. Remember to record all the “Settings” prior to performing the update process as, after the update, the settings will be reset to the factory default.
- A Windows PC with an internet connection and a Zip program installed into it. (http://winzip.com/downwz.htm). Note that the PC will need to be accessed throughout the update process, as files will need to be loaded and deleted from the USB memory device.
- A blank USB memory device with 256MB or greater of memory.
- Access to the USB port on the GR10BT.
1) Download the “GR10BT FW.zip” file below and save it to your computer’s desktop. The file is zip-compressed and you will need to unzip it onto your PC prior to copying the files to a USB memory device.
When the file is unzipped, you will see one file:
GR10BT_V6B98141.MVA (551 KB)
- Copy the “GR10BT_V6B98141.MVA” file to a blank USB memory device from your PC
- With the GR10BT power on, insert the USB memory device into unit’s USB port. The unit will automatically switch to USB source, then display “UPGRADE” on LCD.
Cautions: Do not power off the unit or remove the USB during the FW update.
Wait for about 20 seconds until it displays “SUCCESS” on LCD screen.
- Remove the USB memory device
- Turn ACC off and on, it will auto power on and display CLARION which indicate the whole updating process finished.
- Confirm Result: Within 5 seconds after GR10BT is powered On, press and hold PAUSE button for 5 seconds to confirm the FW version: V6B98141
Important: If the software version does not match, please perform the software update again.