M508 Improvements (8/8/2018)
• USB bug fix
• Bluetooth Handsfree calling bug fixes
• Pandora bug fixes
• MW1/MW3/MW6 compatibility
• Other bug fixes
Estimated Update Time: 90 seconds
Please download and print this M508 Software Update procedure prior to downloading and installing this software update. It is important that this procedure is done in the order described in this document as failure to do so may result in the M508 becoming inoperable.
Please confirm the software version of your unit prior to performing the update. Refer to step “3. Confirm Result”. If the software version on your device matches the versions listed in step “3. Confirm Result”, then your M508 is up to date and you do not need to perform the software update.
Warning: Do not perform this software update while operating the vessel/vehicle. Do not interrupt the power of the M508 during the update process. Remember to record all the “Settings” prior to performing the update process, as after the update the settings will be reset to the factory default.
• A Windows PC with an internet connection and a Zip/Unzip program installed into it.
• A blank USB memory device with 256MByte or 4GByte maximum.
• Access to the USB port on the M508.
1) Download the “M508.zip” file below and save it to your computer's desktop. The file is zip-compressed and you will need to unzip it onto your PC prior to copying the files to a USB memory device.
When the file is unzipped, you will see two files.
1) Copy the “M508_V1.21.011_180529_HFP.MVA” file first to a blank USB memory device from your PC.
2) With the M508 powered on, insert the USB memory device into the USB port. The unit will automatically recognize the USB memory device and show “USB FW UPDATE”, press the volume knob to start update process.
M508 will display “USB FW UPDATING” during the updating process.
Note: Do not interrupt the file transfer process. The M508 will automatically reboot when the file transfer is complete.
3) Once the process has been completed, please remove the USB memory device from the M508.
3. Confirm Result
Power up the M508, press and hold “MENU” button to enter the settings menu. Once within the settings menu press “│◄◄” button to display About, and then press volume knob to display “DECODE VER, 1.21D180529BT.
Important: If the software versions does not match, please perform the software update again.