• Corrects wired remote IR detection.
Estimated Update Time: 2 minutes
Please download and print this CMS2 Software Update procedure prior to downloading and installing this software update. It is important that this procedure is done in the order described in this document as failure to do so may result in the CMS2 becoming inoperable.
Please confirm the software version of your CMS2 prior to performing the update. Refer to step “3. Confirm Result”. If the software version on your CMS2 matches the versions listed in step “3. Confirm Result”, then your CMS2 is up to date and you do not need to perform the software update.
Warning: Do not perform this software update while operating the vessel/vehicle. Do not interrupt the power of the CMS2 during the update process. Remember to record all the “Settings” prior to performing the update process, as after the update the settings will be reset to the factory default.
• A Windows PC with an internet connection and a Zip/Unzip program installed into it. (http://winzip.com/downwz.htm). Note that the PC will need to be accessed throughout the update process, as files will need to be loaded and deleted from the USB memory device.
• A blank USB memory device with 256MByte or greater of memory.
• Access to the USB port on the CMS2.
1) Download the “CMS2.zip” file below and save it to your computers desktop. The file is zip-compressed and you will need to unzip it onto your PC prior to copying the files to a USB memory device.
When the file is unzipped, you will see one file.
1) Copy the “CMS2_V.1.48.1_150612MVA” file to a blank USB memory device from your PC.
2) With the CMS2 powered on, insert the USB memory device into the USB pigtail. The unit will automatically recognize the USB memory device and show “FW Update” on the display and then press Enter.
Note: Do not interrupt the file transfer process. The CMS2 will automatically reboot when the file transfer is complete.
3) Once the process has been completed, please remove the USB memory device from the CMS2.
3. Confirm Result
Power up the CMS2, press "ADJ", press "▼" button to display About and then press Enter. Confirm the version reads “Main: V1 . 48DD150612”.
Important: If the software versions does not match, please perform the software update again.