M608 Improvements "5/28/2018"
• iPod bug fix
• Pandora bug fix
Estimated Update Time: 90 seconds
Please download and print this M608 Software Update procedure prior to downloading and installing this software update. It is important that this procedure is done in the order described in this document as failure to do so may result in the M608 becoming inoperable.
Please confirm the software version of your unit prior to performing the update. Refer to step “3. Confirm Result”. If the software version on your device matches the versions listed in step “3. Confirm Result”, then your M608 is up to date and you do not need to perform the software update.
Warning: Do not perform this software update while operating the vessel/vehicle. Do not interrupt the power of the M608 while the update is in process. Remember to record all the “Settings” prior to performing the update process as, after the update, the settings will be reset to the factory default.
• A Windows PC with an internet connection and a Zip program installed into it.
• A blank USB memory device with 256MByte or 4GByte maximum.
• Access to the USB port on the M608.
1) Download the “M608.zip” file below and save it to your computer's desktop. The file is zip-compressed and you will need to unzip it onto your PC prior to copying the files to a USB memory device.
When the file is unzipped, you will see one file.
1) Copy the “M608.hex” file to a blank USB memory device from your PC.
2) With the M608 powered on, insert the USB memory device into the USB port. The unit will automatically recognize the USB memory device and display USB for 1 second and revert back to tuner. Press and hold BND and SUB buttons simultaneously to start the update process. During the update process unit will display “MCU UPGRADE”.
Note: Do not interrupt the update process. The M608 will automatically turn off once update is completed.
3) Once the process has been completed, please remove the USB memory device from the M608.
3. Confirm Result
Power up the M608, press and hold “BND and ▲" buttons simultaneously to display version, confirm version reads
Important: If any of the software versions do not match, please perform the software update again.